So much craziness in my world this past week. New job, husband out of town, quit sugar, blah, blah. Ugh. I’m sleepy. Now that I’ve sugar detoxed, I think it’s time to start adding some healthy sugar back in! Phew!
But, it calls for 2 cups of sugar. And peanut butter. I know, I know. I titled this with peanut butter. But I want people to know you CAN make it with peanut butter–and it’s just like the old fashioned one–but better with almond butter.
This might be my new favorite go-to dessert. It doesn’t look the prettiest, but they are a healthier dessert than most and have plenty of protein and fiber!
Some dark chocolate cocoa nibs.
Only the best local maple syrup!
Some good trusty salt.
Hemp milk. So good and good for you! Look at those omegas!
Coconut milk would work well, too. Just make sure you buy unsweetened.
Add them all in a pot with some vanilla extract. Bring it to a boil.
It gets really dark and delicious looking! Once it hits a boil, take it off the stove and add in the rest.
Freshly ground almond butter! Yum!
Fresh cut oats! (non-instant)
It’s all goopy! Once mixed, wait until it cools to start playing with it. Hot hands!
Get your pan ready. Then using a cookie scoop, drop them on down. That’s it! Super fast, delicious, and mostly healthy.
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk (I use unsweetened hemp milk)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa nibs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 3 cups organic, gluten-free non-instant oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or peanut butter) :)
- Add the first 5 ingredients to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Immediately after reaching boiling, pull off the burner.
- Add in nut butter. Mix well.
- Add in oats. Mix well.
- Wait until it cools.
- Drop onto a waxed cookie sheet to cool.
- Ready to eat as soon as they harden up!