These were a huge hit at work! And with me. I devoured this. Like little magic balls of bitter chocolate.
The original recipe came from The Smoothie Lover, but I took out the egg. Why? Because I ran out. So, if you have the egg, I suggest you follow their recipe and add in that one egg. More protein! But, then it makes it 6 ingredients. The first time I made this recipe I used the egg, so I was really nervous to make them without. But still delicious!
Here it is. The full ingredients. Not much to it, is there? Two avocados, coconut sugar, dark cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips and baking soda. And the egg if you want it. I didn’t taste a difference, really, so pop that egg in!
Blend the avocado and coconut sugar. I used the food processor bowl of the Ninja. After you do this, blend in the egg if using.
Mix in the dark cocoa powder and the chips. Use a mini cookie scoop to portion them out.
Eat, drink and take a nap! Lucky cats just sleep all day.
- the flesh of 2 small ripe avocados (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (low glycemic index!)
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (local co-op has high quality and low price)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I used 90%, but anything above 75% will work.)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using any kid of mixer you have, process the avocado and the sugar. (Optional egg would be added here.)
- Mix in the cocoa and baking soda.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop, place a small amount on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (I did 10.) or until cookies aren't so darn gooey.
- Cool before eating.
- You can use banana instead of avocado, but the avocado adds healthy fat!